XP Cloud:Adding a Payment Configuration
New payment configurations can be added via the Payment processing page (Settings -> Payment processing).
In X-Payments Cloud trial, you will find that this page already has one pre-added payment configuration: X-Payments Demo Pay.
The X-Payments Demo Pay payment configuration is purely for testing. You can play with its settings and run some test transactions using the respective payment method in your online store to see how payments via X-Payments Cloud work for your store without having to use your real payment card information. Just be sure to use the demo credit card numbers provided on the payment configuration details page:
To be able to accept real payments, you will need to add a new payment configuration enabling X-Payments Cloud to connect to your chosen payment processor. You can find out whether X-Payments Cloud is integrated with your chosen payment processor here: X-Payments Cloud:Supported Payment Gateways. Note that as soon as your first payment configuration is added and activated, the X-Payments Demo Pay payment configuration will be disabled automatically. (Should you require to use it again, you can re-enable it by deactivating all your other active payment configurations.)
To add a new payment configuration, select the name of the payment gateway integration you require from the New configuration drop-down box and click Add.
For the sake of example, we will add a payment configuration to accept payments in the United States dollar (USD) via Authorize.Net.
We start by selecting the payment gateway integration "Authorize.Net":
Once we click Add, the 'Add new payment configuration' page for Authorize.Net opens:
Here we need to provide the information needed by X-Payments Cloud to access the payment gateway and to specify our payment configuration preferences.
Note that the information we are expected to provide will be different depending on the payment gateway selected. For example, specifically for Authorize.Net, the following details will be needed:
- API Login ID and Transaction key - These values will have to be obtained from Authorize.Net.
- CIM payment tokenization and Expanded Credit Capabilities - These values will have to be set in accordance with our Authorize.Net account settings.
The rest of the fields on the page will be common to most configurations:
- Name: Name to identify the payment configuration in X-Payments Cloud admin panel and the admin panel of your online store. You can keep the proposed name or choose to change it. For example, if you are going to have more than one payment configurations based on the same payment module - like when you want to use more than one currency - it is best to change the name so you can see which payment configuration you are dealing with without having to open its details. For example, we can change the name to "Authorize.Net - USD" to reflect the name of the currency that is going to be used for payments via this configuration.
- Sandbox/Production account or Test/Live mode: Whether you are using a development/sandbox environment or a production environment. A production environment is used for real payments (Live mode), whereas a development/sandbox environment is used for testing (Test mode).
- Initial transaction: The mode in which you want the payment transaction to be conducted when someone buys something at your online store: Auth (authorize the payment amount but not capture the funds yet) or Auth and capture (authorize and capture the payment amount at once).
- Order prefix: Your trading name or any other prefix that will help you to identify a payment transaction as originating from this specific online store.
- Accept currencies: The currencies in which you will be able to accept payments via the payment method based on this payment configuration. By default, this setting is pre-set to All supported (N), which means all the currencies supported by the payment gateway - with the number N specifying the number of currencies. To limit the range of currencies that will be accepted, click on the All supported (N) button, uncheck the Select all box - this will unselect all the selected currencies - and check the boxes for the currencies that you will accept. For the sake of example, we are creating a configuration that will support only United States dollar; so here we need to disable all the currencies but USD:
- Credit card types: The credit card types you wish to accept via the payment method based on this payment configuration.
- Order total limits (Minimum / Maximum): The transaction amount range that you wish to accept via the payment method based on this payment configuration.
- Cancel not captured: Whether authorizations obtained for payments made in the "Auth" mode should be voided automatically within 30 days of payment if the capture of the funds has not been performed.
After adjusting the payment configuration settings as you require, be sure to click Save to save your changes.
The payment configuration will be saved and enabled:
(Note the success message at the top of the page and the green status button saying "Enabled".)
Once the payment configuration has been saved and enabled, review the payment configuration detail page. At the bottom of this page, you will find a few more settings added; those are related to the use of services with this payment configuration (which services should be enabled):
Note that Apple Pay and Google Pay are available only on advanced X-Payments plans (100K+ transactions per year).
Before enabling any of the settings, please make sure that they are enabled for your Authorize.Net account.
Instructions for configuring the services can be found here:
After completing work on your payment configuration, you can go back to the Payment processing page (Settings -> Payment processing) to view the list of your payment configurations.
Here you will be able to add more payment configurations if required. For more information on the management of payment configurations, see Payment Configurations List.
We have instructions for configuring some other popular payment methods: