What’s New in X-Payments: a 2022 Roundup
We haven’t been posting updates lately, and there’s a reason for it. We have been focusing heavily on the development of not one, not two, but three new versions of X-Payments. One of the major features of the new versions is the support of bulk operations, namely, bulk capture.
Of course, this is not all – and this blog is a roundup of what we’ve done in 2022. Let’s start!
Payment Integrations: New and Improved
In terms of payments integrations – one of the main X-Payments assets – we’ve updated a number of integrations to work with the latest versions of the service and comply with the associated rules and regulations; developed new integrations with popular payment systems and providers, and fixed a few issues.
Here’s a quick rundown of everything that’s changed in 2022.
- Updated Braintree SDK to v6.8
- Upgraded SagePay/Opayo to v4.0.0
- Corrected XML converting error in CardinalCommerce integration
- Developed a new BAC Credomatic integration – NEW
- Fixed captures status detection in PayPal REST add-on
- Added IP address to the initial payment request in Elavon/VirtualMerchant
- Reworked tokenization system in Payflow Pro: The tokens are now updated after each rebill transaction.
- Corrected a processing error in Cybersource SOAP and improved schema validation
- Integrated NAB Direct Payment – NEW
- Opayo/SagePay doesn’t allow non-alphanumeric characters at the beginning of product names now and the ‘+’ sign in product SKUs.
- Added some validation to the browser env data sent to SagePay/Opayo
- Corrected AUTH ONLY transactions in Opayo/SagePay
- Added limits to product names and SKUs in PayPal REST add-on
- Disabled 3-D Secure for Google Pay and Apple Pay in Braintree integration
- Added Dynamic DBA into Elavon Converge (ex VirtualMerchant)
- Reworked 3-D Secure authentication status in PayPal REST
- Forbid cards that are not enrolled in 3-D Secure with Cardinal Commerce and CyberSource
We’re working closely on adding the ability to enable and improving the existing 3-D Secure protocol for various payment integrations. Here are some of our accomplishments:
- Added 3-D Secure v2 support in SagePay/Opayo
- Added 3-D Secure v2 support in Braintree
- Added debug and improved error handling in Cardinal Cruise
- Added protection against multiple 3-D Secure form submissions
- Reworked 3-D Secure status detection in PayPal REST
Along with the new X-Payments versions, we’ve updated the API to v4.8 as well as improved the security with each release, corrected several bugs, and made cosmetic UX/UI improvements.
Here’s to meeting more frequently and having lots to discuss in 2023!
Get the Best Expert-Backed Tips into Your InboxOnly one email a week, we promise
Head of X-Payments product, ice hockey player, history geek. Let's connect on Linkedin.