Upgrading is done with the help of a special upgrade pack. If you are using a downloadable version of X-Payments, and your license allows you to upgrade to later versions, you will find this pack in the File area section of your X-Cart Account (Look for a file named like upgrade.pack.xp.X.Y.Z.zip (ZIP-archive) or upgrade.pack.xp.X.Y.Z.tgz (TGZ-archive), where X, Y and Z are version numbers).
To upgrade X-Payments, complete the following steps:
- Download the X-Payments upgrade pack.
- Connect to your X-Payments server via SSH.
- Extract the X-Payments upgrade pack that you downloaded and upload the extracted pack contents to the root of your X-Payments installation.
- Run the script <xpay-dir>/upgrade/upgrade.php via the command line as follows:
The upgrade script will detect your current version automatically and will offer an upgrade to the latest X-Payments version available to you. You will only need to confirm your request by entering "y" (Use "n" to cancel the operation).
If necessary, the following parameters may be specified:
- -vX.X.X - the version to which you want to upgrade; for example, "-v2.2.0";
- -oY.Y.Y - the version from which you are upgrading; for example, "-o2.1.3" (This parameter should be used if, for example, the version in the config/config.ini.php file of your X-Payments installation is specified incorrectly);
- -y - specify this to skip the step where you need to confirm your intention to upgrade (where you need to enter y/n).
For example, to upgrade from version 1.0.4 to 1.0.6, you will need to use the command
php upgrade.php -o1.0.4 -v1.0.6
The upgrade script will recognize all X-Payments versions starting with 1.0.3.
Note that for X-Payments versions 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 you must specify the version from which you are upgrading using the -o parameter, since the config/config.ini.php file of these versions does not contain the version information upgrade.php expects to find there.
Once the script is run, it will create a backup of your X-Payments installation and carry out the upgrade for you. After upgrading has been completed, be sure to remove the directory <xpay-dir>/upgrade/ (That is done for security purposes; remember that X-Payments must be a standalone service on a separate server, so you must not keep other applications - including the upgrade script - on the same server while using it).
In case of any issues, you can find your backup in the directory <xpay-dir>/var/backup/.
Important Info on X-Payments Self-Hosted v2.x/1.x Upgrade
To prevent data loss caused by any possible issues that may happen during the upgrade, be sure to make backup copies of your X-Cart Payments files and database before you start. Thus, you’ll be able to revert back to your current X-Cart Payments version, if something goes wrong.
Note! After you upgrade your X-Cart Payments from v1.x or v2.x to v3.1.0, you will be requested to change your password and set up a new method of 2-factor authentication for your user account. The authentication process is much handier. It doesn’t require generating dozens of pin codes at once, storing them and then searching for a correct one each time you need to log in. Instead, you’ll get a new code with the help of your smartphone each time, you need to log in.